Bradbourne House Tour 28th September
Discover The History of Bradbourne House, followed by a kentish cream tea in the Great Hall.
Let our renowned local historian, Pete Batty guide you around this stunning Grade I listed building revealing it’s often little-known past which in parts dates back to Tudor times.
The tours conclude with a cream tea in the Great Hall.
- Explore this beautiful property, originally built in Tudor times set within 20 acres of parkland
- Discover the famous Hatton Fruit Gardens
- Enter the Great Hall and go back in time to discover the Twisden family and hear about its impact on local and national history
- Hear of the connection between the owner of Bradbourne House and royalty
- Admire the impressive rooms and see one of the most intriguing fire escapes from the 1700’s!
- Enjoy the stories of the sisters’ ‘Republic’!
- Learn of the house’s connection with the world famous East Malling Horticultural Research Station
Bradbourne House – One house, 12 Baronets and a host of stories to delight the discerning visitor.
The tour is on foot & will last approximately 1½ hours, mostly inside. Appropriate clothing should be worn to discover the parkland & Hatton Gardens. Tour is suitable for wheelchair access.
Tours for groups for NIAB EMR and/or Bradbourne House can be arranged at mutually convenient times.
Why not visit both NIAB EMR and Bradbourne House all in one day?
Please call 01732 523755 to discuss your requirements or visit the EMSC website.